From rich auburn to crimson to every shade in between, the opportunities for gorgeous color are endless when it comes to dying your hair red. Going red is one of the best ways to make a bold and beautiful statement with not only your hair but also your entire appearance. Follow our haircare tips for dyed red hair to get the most out of your new look.
What to Know About Red Hair Dye
Red is the largest color molecule on the dye spectrum, which also means it will fade the quickest. Most people who dye their hair red find pink streaks after towel-drying their hair. This is completely normal and not an indication of a botched dye job. The more vibrant the color, the more likely it will stain towels and even sheets or pillowcases. Keep this in mind when dyeing your hair, whether at home or with a professional at a salon.
Tips and Tricks for Going Red
Dyeing one’s hair red may require a little more maintenance than other shades, but it will be worth it when you get the look you really want. Below are some of our tried-and-true haircare tips for colored red hair:
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water as it can strip the color away sooner than expected. Instead, always use warm or lukewarm water.
- Use a specially formulated color shampoo and conditioner immediately to prevent fading.
- Avoid using heat tools as much as possible. Flat irons and curling wands can be used on occasion but try to put them on a cooler setting to prevent damage.
- Once a week, use a deep conditioning treatment to prevent your hair from becoming excessively dry and losing its luster and shine.
- Protect your hair with a leave-in conditioner if you plan to spend a significant amount of time outside and in the sun. Look for a product with UV protection to further prevent fading.
- Avoid swimming in highly chlorinated pools or hot tubs. If you end up going swimming, always rinse your hair immediately afterwards with warm water to get the chlorine out.
Get the Red Hair Color of Your Dreams
Gorgeous red hair is just one dye job away. If you have always wanted red hair but have been hesitant because of the upkeep and maintenance, it is easier than it seems. You can try being a red head for the day before making the plunge. Apply Rootflage all over your hair to get the gist of what you would really look like as a ginger. Try as many different shades you want without the commitment. Then you simply wash it out with one shampoo.
With the right products and a good routine, you can get the hair you’ve always dreamed of and keep it looking beautiful and healthy. Whether you need a red root touch up or are simply looking to try out some fun hair colors, Rootflage has the perfect hair color solution for you.
If you have any questions about our products or would help finding the right shade, feel free to reach out to us today. Email us at email@example.com.